Thoughts, reflections, growth, new places, faces, feelings and great lessons. I am a graduate student wandering around adulthood.

Friday, August 1, 2008

are you ready to jump?

So, I christen the new blog. Barcelona is t-minus 8 days! I am so overwhelmed and completely beside myself with all kinds of emotion. This final week has been one exhausting task after the other...moving out of my house, quiting my job at NAU, leaving my internship in Sedona--I'm breathless and stressed.

However, yesterday, I had a quiet moment to myself while driving along the tranquil route of 89-A. In a daze I stared at the trees, the red rocks emerging from the land like an indescribable painting...and some songs came through the speakers that completely brought tears to my eyes. Its amazing how music can just transcend time and place. Songs you have heard thousands of times and yet...at your most vulnerable and confused moment, it takes on a power you could have never imagined.

Here are a few of the inspiring words that really prepared my heart for the tears that needed to flow--the inspiration I needed to hear. Though they are not heart-wrenching ballads or quiet ambient melodies, their message hit me at the perfect moment.


There's only so much you can learn in one place. The more that I wait, the more time that I waste. I haven't got much time to waste, it's time to make my way. I'm not afraid of what I'll face but I'm afraid to stay. I'm going down my own road and I can make it alone. I'll work and I'll fight till I find a place of my own. Are you ready to jump? Get ready to jump. Don't ever look back. We learned our lesson from the start, my sisters and me. The only thing you can depend on is your family. Life's gonna drop you down like a limb from a tree...it sways and it swings and it bends until it makes you see. "Jump" --Madonna

Listen, heart. Listen close. Listen to the melancholy melody of your own voice. I am weary of my own dreaming. I am tired of waiting, so this time, I'm leaping. I reach beyond myself to see what I find--beyond my mind, there is no time in this place beyond my sight... my heart knows what is not yet seen. I'm witnessing my own becoming. Lash myself to the mantle of my desire. I will turn from its temptations, but the wanting takes me higher. I am hurting. Oh, I am not yet born... I am the mother and the father of what is not yet known. "Becoming" -- Jewel

Such a peace was felt. I am supposed to walk this path. I have really never felt so open to the world! I have nothing holding me back... This is what its about. Go forth.

No comments: