What an insane year!? my goodness. it makes my head spin just thinking about it! Graduation from COLLEGE, Sedona internship, Spain, a Glendale return, a new job?! So many blessings and so much confusion all at the same time. I'm really, really looking forward to January. It's the first time in my entire life that I haven't had to worry about school! So to conclude 2008 on a warm note, I wanted to share a few of my favorite things. I don't think I would have climbed this years hurtles without them. Maybe you can check them out and enrich your early days of 09! Happy New Year everyone! What a gift it is to be alive and get another chance to make it right! God bless!
My Top 10 Albums of 2008 (listen to them ASAP)
1. Radiohead: In Rainbows (sheer brilliance)
2. Portishead: Third (fathers of trip-hop return after ten years with a masterpiece)
3. Cut//Copy: In Ghost Colours (so much fun!)
4. M83: Saturdays = Youth (i've heard this album about 100x and still can't stop playing it)
5. Santogold: Santogold (she is so cool)
6. Chairlift: Does You Inspire You (sleeper gem of 08! such creativity)
7. Dark Captain, Light Captain: Miracle Kicker (dreamy folk pop with british accents!)
8. Fleet Foxes: Fleet Foxes (just get it right now, seriously)
9. Roisin Murphy: Overpowered (i heard this everyday in Spain)
10. Sigur Ros: Med Sud I Eyrum... (gorgeous...everything they do is so powerful)
honorable mentions
-Coldplay: Viva La Vida (i'll always be a fan)
-The Ting Tings: We Started Nothing (fun fun)
-The Dears: Missles (moody indie heartbreak from canada, love it)
-Standfast: Standfast (i couldn't stop singing to this)
-Azeda Booth: Azeda Booth (these guys were on the record label i worked for! support!)
-M.I.A: Kala (this girl is brilliant)
Favorite concerts
1. Duran Duran (life long dream, one of the best shows i've ever seen)
2. The Cure (my second time, 3rd row! robert smith smiled at me!??!)
3. Sigur Ros (so powerful, the energy was incredible)
4. Madonna (hottest ticket in town, always a blast)
5. The Police ( i love sting. too much elvis costello for me though)
6. Coldplay (way better seats than i thought...)
Other favorites:
-80 GB Zune (forever indebted to you rob)
-laptop (cheap but it works!)
-Barcelona (i will never forget what a crazy adventure that was!)
-the Twilight Saga (swooooon!)
-Juice Plus Vitamins (i'm super girl)
-summer in Sedona (so beautiful, 89A is the most beautiful road)
-elvis and priscilla barbies (best christmas gift ever!)
Thoughts, reflections, growth, new places, faces, feelings and great lessons. I am a graduate student wandering around adulthood.
Wednesday, December 31, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment